PHP: Profiling with XDebug

Even I am preferring GNOME there are two KDE based open source tools which have done a great job in past for PHP development. One is KCacheGrind for analyzing XDebug profiling data, much more detailed and convincing than WinCacheGrind.
I have heard about a porting project KDE for Windows, so I give it a go. The installer worked great in package manager style. Also KCacheGrind is now more handy than the X11 forwarded ssh workaround I run from my VM lasts months.

KDE for Windows works great, but some windows e.g. the reverse engineering importer are to big for my laptop resolution, so I was not able to reach the bottom bar with OK button etc. Also Windows did not allow to move windows over the top border. But there is another tool that added some linux feeling and fixed this issue: Altdrag.

No comments:

Post a Comment