PHP coding on Win7 with Eclipse (missing Linux)


After working for more than two years with ZendStudio and having no licence anymore, I have to switch to Eclipse PDT for PHP development. With the Extensions from pde.dubture.com in combination it nearly fit my needs. I decided also to switch to XDebug to have profiling possibilities again.

Another challenge in my current situation, I have to use Windows 7 as operating system. There is no comfortable packaging manager and no nice shell. Also many of my beloved Linux tools are not supported actually. After installing Cygwin first, to have an bash shell, I tried to run some of tools (meld-diff, bazaar, both python based, and git). Working great, nearly Linux console feeling, but that is another story... back to topic.

In the near future I will link some other articles here matching the topic:



No comments:

Post a Comment